Applying to ISCTE-IUL
Please take in consideration the following information when applying to ISCTE-IUL.
Who can apply?
- Doesn't have Portuguese nationality;
- Is not national of the European Union Member-States. Check the list EU Member-States here.
- Has not entered a Higher Education Institution through the special access and admission competitions organised nationally by the Portuguese Directorate General for Higher Education (DGES);
- Has not enrolled at ISCTE-IUL as exchange students within the framework of academic exchange agreements with that aim.
- Non-European Union nationals living legally* in Portugal for less than two years, uninterruptedly, on 31 August of the year in which they apply to ISCTE-IUL (also their parents must not live legally in Portugal for more than two years!);
- Has two or more foreign nationalities, of which one corresponds to an EU State nationality, except Portuguese, can only apply if they do not reside permanently in that EU State.
* The time of the residence permit for studies does not account for the time of legal residence in Portugal.
When to apply?
Applications for the academic year 2015/2016 are held in Online applications according to the following phases:
- Applications 10 February - 15 March
- Admission Results 20 March
- Enrollment 21 March - 15 April
- Applications 1 April - 15 May
- Admission Results 20 May
- Enrollment 21 May - 15 June
- Applications 1 June - 15 July
- Admission Results 20 July
- Enrollment 21 July - 15 August
* Please be aware that you might need a VISA to come to Portugal which may take some time to obtain. Should this be the case, you can start attending classes no later than 15th October.
How to apply?
Applications are made online.
When filling out your application you will need to upload the following documents:
- Identity card
- Resident card in Portugal (if you have one)
- Qualifications Diploma
- Document proving level of language proficiency in the language the course will be taught
- Declaration of Honour (available in the candidacies platform)
- University frequency in other countries (if applicable)
If you need additional information, please send us an email.